I believe everyone wants to work in a place where they get energized and surround themselves with competency.
In this episode, I’ll show you how you move the culture score needle—the leading predictor of future growth and profitability.
If you’re the kind of leader:
- Who feels like you have great people and you have this wired, you’re going to enjoy hearing how banks just like yours are taking that great culture over the moon, and the financial impact of it.
- If, on the other hand, you’re the kind of leader who feels like your culture is fairly good—but there are pockets of concern—you’re in the right place. You’ll love hearing how to get that consistency of “all in” from everyone on your team.
- If instead, you are like most organizations that have some substantial culture issues, you’re amongst the majority. You’re going to love hearing how others like you turned that around in a matter of days—really, just days!
If you look at Gallup’s national database of culture scores, you know that EVERY business is facing challenges in having the culture they want.
Now, I’m going to give you a four-step approach that will make your results dramatically improve your culture in just a few weeks.
Step 1: Plan a proven transformation that wins over 95% in a day. I know, I know. You don’t think it’s possible, and you’ve heard that it takes three years to transform the culture at every bank conference you’ve attended for decades. Well, it simply isn’t true. Hundreds of banks have completely transformed their teams to a “bring it on” attitude in one day—it just has to be done the right way to make that happen.
Step 2: Make sure that, following the evening of an “all-in transformation,” the next day is completely different—and accountability and celebration for those changes that matter happens immediately.
Step 3: Fix the “middle management” breakdown. In talking with hundreds of bank CEOs every year, I repeatedly hear the concern they have about how their leadership team is strong, and their people are good. Still, they have an issue with getting the managers compelled to actually manage.
Step 4: Make sure your “organizational development” systems are in place so that when you move the culture needle, that you have systems in place to have higher highs and higher lows. Cultures never go straight up, so you must anticipate and be prepared for the upsets that otherwise cause cultures to spiral down.
Let’s repeat those four steps for clarity:
- Do it right the first time, or you may not get a second chance.
- Make sure the next day is all set with dozens of systems to make sure everyone knows this WILL stick.
- Solve the middle management breakdown—transform their management skills and their understanding of industrial psychology and organizational development.
- Make sure your organizational development systems are in place, so you don’t have another failed experiment like most banks do when they begin their culture transformation processes.
Hundreds of studies show that your culture is the leading predictor of future growth and profitability. If you would like to do a culture survey designed just for community banks that goes along with an iron-clad blueprint of performance culture transformation, register for our next event where I will show you the system that has helped hundreds of banks get to top 10% performance—while also being voted best place to work.
Your history doesn’t define your future IF you do things right. You can have a high-performance culture with everyone saying “yippity skippity” while they perform at top-10% levels so you can experience the pride and peace of mind of staying in the top 10% of peers.
Make sure you tune in next time where I’ll show you how to take your culture transformation and up your game to start your journey of a performance culture transformation.